I will start by saying I LOVE this – it is great for when you’re craving a chicken burger from the chipper. I serve my spicy chicken burger with various toppings…mushrooms, bacon, onion, cheese etc… spoil yourself (within reason, this is meant to be healthy)!
Syns on Extra Easy: 1 per serving
Ingredients – for two people
For the chicken:
2 x chicken breasts, cut into chunky strips
2 x eggs
Smash (the dried potato stuff)
Spicy Season All (Schwartz)
2 x 60g wholemeal rolls (One is your HexB)
Plus whatever else you might like to top your burger with!
For the chilli mayo (adjust depending on how spicy you like things):
4 x tbsp extra light mayo
2 x tbsp fat free natural yogurt
1 x tsp chilli powder
1 x tsp of Spicy Season All
1 x tsp of lazy red chillies
How to make it
- Pour some smash onto a plate and add plenty of Spicy Season All seasoning to it.
- Take your strips of chicken and dip it in a bowl of beaten eggs, before rolling it in the smash mixture – repeat until all the chicken is coated.
- Cook the chicken at 200° for about 20 minutes or until you think it has cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the mayo by mixing all the above ingredients together.
- When the chicken is ready, build your burger, serve and enjoy!