Another Chinese fakeaway that’s well worth trying is this slimming world-friendly salt and chilli chicken. Just be careful to add the right amount of salt… I boobed the first time I made this, using a tablespoon rather than a teaspoon – I still feel thirsty when I think about that meal!
Syns on Extra Easy: 0
2 x chicken breasts, sliced
2 x eggs
Smash (the dried potato stuff)
1 x green pepper, sliced
1 x onion, sliced
1 x chilli, sliced
1 x tsp coarse sea salt
How to make it
- Pour some smash onto a plate and add the teaspoon of sea salt to it – mix it through!
- Take your strips of chicken and dip it in a bowl of beaten eggs, before rolling it in the smash mixture – repeat until all the chicken is coated.
- Cook the chicken at 200° for about 20 minutes or until you think it has cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, stir fry (using fry light) the green peppers, onion and chillies.
- When the chicken is ready, add it to the pan to combine it with the vegetables.
- Serve with rice or noodles and devour.