This, my friends, is the holy grail of slimming world recipes – syn free BBQ pulled pork. There’s something about this dish that brings out a side of me that’s not unlike Homer Simpson when he claps eyes on a donut.
Syns on Extra Easy: 0
2kg pork shoulder, trim all the visible fat
5 x tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 x tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 x tsp mustard powder
3 x tbsp sweetener
How to make it
- Put the passata, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, mustard powder, sweetener and salt and pepper into a saucepan. Mix well and let it simmer for around 10-15 minutes.
- Seal all sides of the pork shoulder in a hot frying pan, then transfer it to a roasting tin that is lined with enough tinfoil to cover the joint.
- Pour the BBQ sauce over the pork, then create a little pork parcel with the tinfoil. Don’t wrap it too tightly – I leave a few centimetres between the pork and the top of the tinfoil.
- Cook at 160° for four to five hours. Allow the meat to sit for a few minutes before using two forks to shred the meat.
- Serve with whatever you fancy, slimming world chips/veg/in a HEXB roll or pitta.