I hadn’t tried any new slimming world recipes in a while when I decided to give this baked chicken parmesan a go and it was so good that it has re-inspired my focus on cooking healthy, delicious meals. This recipe uses both your Healthy Extra A and B but it’s worth it.
Syns on Extra Easy: Approx 2.5 per serving
Ingredients – for two people
1 x large chicken breast, butterflied to make two pieces
2 x slice of wholemeal bread, made into breadcrumbs
84g reduced fat mozzarella (HexA)
15g grated parmesan
1 x egg
100ml tomato sauce
How to make it
1. Preheat the oven to 220°.
2. Mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan in a bowl.
3. Beat the egg and brush it on your butterflied chicken breasts, then dip them into the breadcrumb mixture.
4. Put the chicken on a baking tray and spray with fry lite, bake for 20 minutes then turn them over and cook for five minutes on the other side.
5. Remove the chicken from the oven and spoon a tablespoon of tomato sauce over each piece, then place the mozzarella on the top.
6. Put the chicken back in the oven for about five minutes or until the cheese has melted.
7. Serve with salad/pasta/potatoes.