I have two slimming world recipes for teriyaki salmon but I favour this one, and think it’s well worth the two syns per serving for maple syrup.
I made this a couple of weeks ago, and took the photo below. For the first time I pan fried the salmon instead of oven cooking and I really DO NOT recommend this. My nostrils were assaulted with the smell of fish every time I walked into the kitchen for what felt like weeks… Do yourself a favour and oven roast it if you’re trying this!
Syns on Extra Easy: 2 per serving
Ingredients – for two people
2 x salmon fillets
4 x tbsp dark soy sauce
1 x lime, zest and juide
2 x tbsp maple syrup
1 x chilli, chopped
1 x small piece of ginger, finely chopped
1 x bunch of coriander, chopped
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, and then bake the salmon for about 20 minutes. I usually wrap mine in a tinfoil parcel so they don’t dry out.
- Use frylight to fry the ginger and chopped chilli.
- Add the lime zest and l juice, and pour in the soy sauce. Add the maple syrup and cook for a minute or so, until the sauce is reduced and sticky.
- When the salmon is cooked, transfer it to a warm plate and pour the sauce over the top, adding some chopped coriander for flavour and garnish.
- Serve with baby potatoes or noodles along with some veg and enjoy.