Those who know me know that curries are my favourite meal. Either that or a really good steak. I’ve never quite been able to pick one above the other. Some choices are just too weighty for a mere human like myself.
Anyway, I digress. I really love this slimming world madras, it proves that you don’t need lashings of oil to make a great curry, and you can easily do without a huge chunk of naan bread too.
Syns on Extra Easy: 0
Ingredients – for four people
4 x chicken breasts, cut into chunks
5 x tbsp fat free natural fromage frais
1 x onion, diced or sliced
1 x red chilli, diced or sliced
1 x red or green pepper
5 x tbsp madras curry powder
1 x tsp ground cinnamon
1 x tsp ground cumin
5 x tbsp tomato purée
75g rice per person
How to make it
- Stir fry the chicken using fry light, after a couple of minutes add 3 tablespoons of curry powder and stir to coat well.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan and set it aside. Then add the onion, chilli, pepper, cinnamon, cumin and remaining curry powder to the pan, stir frying over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato purée and 250ml of water. Add the chicken, bring this mixture to the boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions while the sauce is simmering.
- Take the sauce off the heat and stir in the fromage frais.
- Serve and devour.